It’s not enough that:
- my Dad had surgery last week and is still in the hospital with complications;
- my mother threw her knee out;
- the brand-new beautiful plasma TV is “possessed” b/c it turns itself off and on;
- the cable co. says it’s the TV’s fault, and the TV service tech says it’s the cable co’s fault;
- my digital cable TV service has not worked properly in the 6 weeks I’ve had it;
- the cable co. has been out here at least 8 times in that time, and the TV is still having problems;
- the cable co. rang the doorbell at 8:00 a.m. today;
- the TV serviceman swore to me last week the TV was fine. It’s not
- the TV needs another warranty service call from the tech 150 miles away;
- the brand new tires on my car make it shimmy all over the place;
- Wizard needs new lenses in his glasses;
- my children behave like wolves.
NOW, my dryer broke. Are you there, G-d? This is not funny anymore. I still have laundry to do for Wild Thing and myself before I can even contemplate packing for our trip to Boston on Saturday. Maybe I’ll just go naked. It will be cooler that way.
Appliance update: the dryer motor blew. It will take a couple of days to get a new one installed. I don’t have the time, so I’m off to the laundry with big bundles. Wash-dry-fold service for I don’t care what it costs per pound, as long as they can get it done today. Don’t even speak to me about the heat wave up there.