It’s cold here in SW Florida. Really! Last night the temperature dropped to 34ºF overnight in The Zone.
You know it’s cold in Florida when:
- We actually had to put the heat on in the house.
- WineGuy agreed to put the lightweight down duvet on our bed.
- The pool ran the filtration system all night in “freeze protection mode” so the pipes wouldn’t freeze.
- We wear sweaters and jackets.
- Wizard chooses to wear long pants instead of the ubiquitous shorts.
I can hear you all snickering as I write. Stop it! You won’t be laughing when the cold weather kills off part of the orange crop, and the price of your morning orange juice skyrockets. We warm-blooded sun-babies are suffering down here.
That’s it. I’m leaving . . . bundling up in my leather jacket and going to the grocery store.