Yesterday’s post reminded me of how many sets of twins I knew growing up. There were:
- Laura and Lisa, neighbors and friends across the street
- Louis and Jon, friends from Hebrew School and then college
- Debbie and Diane, classmates from elementary through high school
- Lesley and Laura, classmates from elementary through high school
- The Quacks (whose names I forget), high school classmates
- Robert and Robin, high school classmates
- David and Lawrence, college friends. Oddly enough, David and Louis were roommates in college.
- Niece T and Niece Av, The Egg’s daughters
I always found this quite amazing, especially considering these were all naturally-occurring twins. There were no fertility drugs back in the early 1960s when most of these people were born.
The other thing that struck me was how many of my family members share birthdays. I guess that’s bound to happen in a large family. Here’s what I mean:
- Jan. 10: SILL and her son, Nephew J
- Mar. 2: Doc Bro and his daughter, Niece Al
- Mar. 17: SIL R and our nephew, Nephew E
- Dec. 13: Uncle Oz (deceased), his granddaughter, Cousin B, and my niece, Niece Ar
Do you have any strange and/or wonderful coincidences to report?