Here’s a recap of all the dead or defective G.E. appliances in The Zone:
- G.E. washer: burned through 2 transmissions; dead and gone
- G.E. dryer: condemned to hell when the washer blew
- G.E. Monogram ovens: self-cleaning feature overheats enough to be a fire hazard; burned through one circuit board; still in the kitchen
- G.E. microwave oven: burned through 2 transformers; dead and gone
- G.E. Monogram refrigerator/freezer: burned through 2 thermostats, one major icemaker part; still in the kitchen under a death warrant
- G.E. Monogram dishwasher: burned through 3 circuit boards; dead and gone
- G.E. warming oven: burned through one power switch; still in the kitchen
- G.E. solid-surface cooktop: surprisingly in tact and still in the kitchen
- G.E. disposer: rusted and dead; soon to be replaced
I have said this before, and I’ll say it again: G.E. APPLIANCES SUCK!!! Do not, under any circumstances purchase them or install them in your home. Run fast and far from them. Just wait, damned refrigerator and ovens, just wait. You’ll make it to hell long before I do.
Now, on top of all the laundry, ironing, and unpacking to do, I need to make time to shop for disposers at Lowe’s and Home Depot. Do you think I can find a birthday present for my 16 year-old niece there, too?