I’ve been neglecting everything: my desk, my laundry, my blog, everyone else’s blogs. More drama with Wizard. I’m too tired to even post it.
Nevertheless, a quick trip through my Google Reader led me to a great food meme at Wreke Havoc. If it has to do with food, I’m interested. It seems that Wreke and I like a lot of the same things, but I am clearly more of a carnivore than she is.
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile: no, but I’ve eaten alligator. It’s tough and chewy.
6. Black pudding: no way, no how (NWNH)
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp: it’s required of the tribe at Passover
9. Borscht: blech
10. Baba ghanoush
12. Pho: I could live on pho.
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses: I’d try it.
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes: how about starfruit wine? Truly awful.
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries: this past summer in Oregon was berry heaven.
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese: NWNH
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters: I love, Love, LOVE oysters, and so do my kids.
29. Baklava: preferably made with pistachios instead of walnuts.
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl: soup and bread are two perfect foods.
33. Salted lassi: mango lassi? Yes.
35. Root beer float: blech. DH and the boys like them. I just don’t get it.
36. Cognac with a fat cigar: cognac, of course, but NO stogie.
37. Clotted cream tea: at the Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong; just divine.
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O: why?
39. Gumbo: yearly
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
43. Phaal: NWNH, too hot
44. Goat’s milk: here’s one better — goat milk fudge
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more: I imagine one day.
46. Fugu: NWNHY
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel: all the time in sushi restaurants and once, sauteed, in Spain
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut: carbohydrate nirvana
50. Sea urchin: blech, too slimy
51. Prickly pear: esp. in a margarita
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
56. Spaetzle: esp. with jaegerschnitzel
57. Dirty gin martini: there aren’t enough words to describe how much I hate gin.
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips: again, why?
62. Sweetbreads: yeah, no. DH loves them. The concept is all wrong.
63. Kaolin: this is clay. Wonder what he really meant?
65. Durian: when DH and I were in Bali in early 1996.
66. Frogs’ legs: tried them once but couldn’t get over the Kermit factor
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis: NWNH
69. Fried plantain: I love maduros.
70. Chitterlings or andouillette: pig parts are generally a “no”
71. Gazpacho: leaves me cold.
72. Caviar and blini: yeah, baby!
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost: I love cheese.
75. Roadkill: I am neither Hatfield nor McCoy.
77. Hostess Fruit Pie: although I prefer Dolley Madison Cherry Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum: Yum!
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef: you should try my Kobe beef brisket. It’s awesome!
86. Hare: I am not fond of da wabbit.
87. Goulash: mush with paprika
89. Horse: NWNH, not ever in a million years
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam: NWNH
92. Soft shell crab: I would eat this until I went into anaphylactic shock. See #97.
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox: another dish required of the tribe
97. Lobster Thermidor: before I developed a shellfish allergy.
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee: in Mo’ Bay, mon.
What’s on your list?