I’m great at making New Year’s resolutions and terrible at keeping them. Last year, I resolved to start walking and get healthy. I walked about 3x/week for a few weeks until my knee swelled up. Then I bought a bike and hardly used it.This year, instead of resolutions, I think I’ll make a wish list.
I wish . . .
- that 2009 will be filled with more tolerant and mature days for Wizard
- that WineGuy and I will spend far less time putting out all the figurative fires Wizard creates
- that Wild Thing will spend more time reading and less time fighting about it
- that Moose cleans his room when asked (let alone keeping it clean regularly)
- that I would hold my tongue and my temper more
- that I will finally find the inner motivation to take care of myself
- that I will blog more regularly
- that WineGuy get to take a trip together, without our children
That’s enough wishes for now. I need to think about how I can make some of these things actually happen.