Dear Automobile Manufacturer:
I need a new car. I am married to a very tall man and have three very tall children. I hate my minivan and would strongly prefer to have a hybrid SUV or a crossover vehicle. I am willing to consider any maker other than Chrysler (which really deserves to go under). Here are my requirements:
- Cost less than $50,000.00
- Get more than 20 mpg (city); 30 mpg would make WineGuy ecstatic.
- Seat 7, 8 preferably
- Have a third-row seat with enough legroom for a small adult or a large child
- Have a third-row seat that’s tall enough for a small adult or a large child. NOTE: 10-12″ depth from the seat surface to the floor is only big enough for toddlers, who can’t sit back there by themselves anyway.
- Use regular unleaded gas
- Have power driver and passenger seats, which must be leather
- Have middle seats that slide forward to allow access to the third row
- Have NO sunroof! They force tall people to smash themselves in the front seat.
- Have a great reliability record because I’ve spent $5000 on transmission and a/c repairs since my “Crapler” minivan went out of warranty
- Score high in IIHS crash-testing
- Have every kind of airbag imaginable
- Satellite and HD radio would be nice.
I can’t tell you how many vehicles I have looked at to replace my car. I came close this week with a GMC Yukon Hybrid. However the back seat, although full-sized, was a mere six inches off the floor. It’s a complete waste.
Please email your recommended list of vehicles to The Testosterone Zone.